Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Current Status

So I've cycled the money, and I currently have just under $600 in my roll.  It's been an interesting couple of days.  For two days, I had $1450 in my account (which was pretty cool to look at, to be honest).  I withdrew $800 of that (taking some extra for personal expenses), and promptly went on a $200 downswing.  It was crazy.  I ran 4 buyins under EV (and obviously played sub-optimally as well).  The two big suckouts were:

I 3b AA as a "squeeze" (raiser and cold-caller in front), original raiser calls.  Flop comes J-high, villain stacks turn with JTs, BAM!, river is a J.  :(

Call w KQs, call squeeze, called turn shove on Qhi two-tone, villain shows 83s for a pair + FD (and the flush draw only came in on the turn), and spikes his diamond to ship the pot, and while I don't go on "monkey tilt", I certainly don't play as well as I could have.

In any case, at some point I get the bright idea to try playing hyper-turbo sats into the 4max WCOOP event, and actually SHIP 3 OF THEM.  I was at like $200 roll, played a double-shootout 4max turbo for $16, shipped, used the tournament money to play a few hyper-turbo 4max sats and ship two of those.  So I had like $200 in cash and like $300 in tournament money.  I've been grinding HUSnGs since, and doing alright, I think.  I haven't imported all my tournament results yet.  I think I'm going to set up an email address just for poker, and have all the results sent to that email address.  I know PokerTracker can import directly from email, so maybe I should look into that.  The only problem is I still have to request the tournament summary from PokerStars, which will take forever.  I also know that there is a AHK script that will do it for you, but alas, I am on a Mac, and I can't use it.  I'll have to figure something else out.

That's all for now.  It's been quite a run, and I'm glad I'm in a good spot to turn it into something.

No comments:

Post a Comment