Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Tilt Monster Rears Its Ugly Head

So I'm down to $290.  Partially tilting, partially on two big suckouts worth like 3 buyins.  I got it in on a 3 flush w NFD + gutty against an OESD (he tried to bluff at the flush with some) and couldn't fade the 10? outs.  Another, got it in w bottom 2 against an over pair and the top card paired.  Lost another 3 buy ins playing a little heads up buzzed last night after coming home from the bar (heads up under-rolled is still my biggest leak, and playing buzzed is always a terrible idea).

I need to have the wherewithal to move down to 10NL before I spew off my whole roll.  I'm bumping down to 6 tables of it and concentrating.  I've got a $50 VIP Stellar bonus coming, and I've got close to 2,800 FPPs, so I'll be able to buy another $50 bonus from the store soon, so with that coming, and some work, I'll be jumping back into 25NL in no time.  This time, I'm going to wait until I have close to $650 before jumping in, just to give me that cushion when I get started.  I'm also not going to move up to 50NL until I have $1,500 in my roll.  I have a tendency to level myself into thinking people are bluffing more than they actually are (although I made a good read on the first suckout; he was a total fish and I had been watching his play), and I call way more than is appropriate.

I'm feeling a little tilted right now, so I quit play.  I may jump into 10NL for a bit on the train ride home.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment