Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tourney Review

Reviewing the tourney from yesterday, there are a couple hands that stand out. The first was a really terrible bluff I made, which I'm going to decline to share with you :). Although I did manage to get most of my chips back from that fish from a set when he couldn't fold top pair. The first interesting hand, though, is this one:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds 10 Ante (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) (t6910)
BB (t8905)
UTG (t6860)
MP1 (t2140)
Villain (MP2) (t14380)
CO (t2665)
Button (t2720)

Hero's M: 31.41

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7♥, 7♣
2 folds, Villain calls t100, 2 folds, Hero calls t50, BB checks

Flop: (t370) 8♥, 2♠, 8♦ (3 players)
Hero bets t200, 1 fold, Villain calls t200

Turn: (t770) Q♥ (2 players)
Hero checks, Villain checks

River: (t770) 6♦ (2 players)
Hero bets t300, Villain raises to t1300, Hero folds

Total pot: t1370

Results:
Villain didn't show
Outcome: Villain won t1370

If villain had a AQ and floated the flop, I would've expected a turn bet. The only thing I can really think of him having here is an 8, maybe 6 that thinks I'm bluffing, or air. Is he turning 2A into a bluff? I'm not really willing to give villains at this level that much credit, but I don't really know what he could have in this spot period. Should I have check/called the river? Looking over some of his hands from earlier, his play has been a little weak, so it's possible he had an 8 and didn't think he'd get any more value from betting the turn. I posted this hand on 2+2:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/23/mtt-strategy/2-20-90man-getting-little-deep-river-decision-787755

Actually, that was really the only hand. Nothing else really needs a whole lot of discussion. As I stated in my earlier post, I lost a flip (55 < AJ), which in retrospect, is more OK than I felt about it at the time. I also open shoved my button w K3s a little short, which I'm less happy with. Overall, I think I played pretty well. Can't win 'em all.

No comments:

Post a Comment