Sunday, May 30, 2010

5NL and a Confession

So I've played 2 sessions in the past couple days. I played 2NL to get just over the $100 mark, so I've finally graduated to 5NL. However, upon moving up to 5NL, I promptly tilted off a few buy-ins, then played another session where I went on a epic heater and won most of it back, putting me at about the $95 mark.

My confession is that I have not been doing as much session review as I should be. I had some 2NL sessions that I was going to go over, as well as the HU SNGs that I played that I want to review. Now that I'm playing 5NL, I'm going to skip over the 2NL sessions and just start focusing on 5NL. I'm going to review the SNGs and the 5NL sessions, post some hands, then get back to playing.

I know the downswing @ 5NL was at least partially due to getting outdrawn, but I know I made some plays (like a squeeze play that wasn't necessary, as well as some c/r bluffs that weren't necessary) that were definitely spewy. Add that together, and I tilted a bit, and that's where another part of the downswing came from.

Fortunately, when I sat down today, I was in good spirits. I had played a live home game last night at a frat house and basically owned. Made some really good plays, and sat down to play a short session in good state of mind. Ran like god too :), but I ended up making most of that downswing back (in case anyone is curious, no, live earnings are not being added to my bankroll; not at least until I'm playing live somewhat regularly, after my home game gets rolling).

Next, I just need to upload the sessions I've played so far and review them all, take some notes, and then take another crack at the game. I feel good finally being able to play 5NL. It's going to be a lot of work before I'm back up to 10NL, though, so I'll be here a while.

My next post will probably be some discussion of the live game I played, as well as some hands from 5NL.

No comments:

Post a Comment