Thursday, June 3, 2010

Great Day for ME!!

Played a couple sessions today. Made $40! Up to $136ish. Been playing much better recently. Bluffing at better times, making thinner value bets. I did have one big hand that I still don't understand the villains thought process:

CO limps, I raise to .2 w AA on the BTN, SB calls, CO min3bets to .35, and I 4b to .9. In retrospect this was definitely too small. SB + CO call.

Flop comes down T75cc, he c/c the turn. Q hits, I ship, villain turns over Q8cc, rivers another Q.

Maybe because I 4b too small, it allowed him to call that 4b, and after that, the hand played itself. I still can't believe he did that w Q8s though. Oh well. I played pretty well the rest of the day.

I noticed I got kind of angry/tilty after that hand, but I found myself regaining my composure a lot quicker than I used to, and I was able to recover that session in the black by keeping my head in the game and just playing good poker.

I also played a Step 1 SnG and shipped that for a Step 2 ticket. I'm not aiming to play the WSOP or anything, but I know the steps program is a pretty good deal. So occasionally I'm going to try and play some step 1s, try to amass some tickets, and see if I can work my way up to have a few step 6 tickets. I'll see if I can satellite into the next big tourney series or something.

Bluff.com hasn't been working so well for me. Having some uploading problems again there, so I'm looking for something more reliable that I can use to upload my sessions and watch them. Anyone have any suggestions? I have a ton of sessions that need to be reviewed, and I need a better solution. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment