Saturday, June 19, 2010

Back Down to $70

I played a bunch of tournaments last night and bricked 'em all, so that cost me like $25 (I need to stick to the cheaper ones until I get to a point where that's not such a huge portion of my bankroll; I play the $8.80 6-max @ 9:40, as well as a few MTT SnGs). I then played cash and was playing break-evenish until I made a few spazzy bluffs and immediately shut it down. That's what I get for playing tired. Bad news bears.

I did play a little this morning, and won back a buy in+, so I know for certain I'm getting the hang of playing down here; I just need to not play tired (obviously) and stick to the limits of my roll for tournaments. Unfortunately, Stars doesn't have a lot in the way of 6-max tournaments, so I try and play in as many of those as possible, and some of them are really beyond my roll right now.

It's too bad this blog doesn't have more strategy; it's just that there's not a lot of strategy to be discussed down here. Bet you decent made hands until they give you a reason not to; I semi-bluff a bit, but mostly just stick to value spots. Players call 3 streets with middle pair, so just bet bet shove, and make manies :).

No comments:

Post a Comment