Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wow... just... wow

I'm down $40ish since I last posted, putting me around $64. I played two sessions that both went badly. One down around $25, one down $15ish. I'm starting to do some review of some of my hands, but I need to do a solid review of everything before I get back into it.

I know I keep saying that, and I'm so far behind the number of sessions I need to review to get caught it. It's just that it takes so long to review everything, that I'd spend more time reviewing than I would playing if I got caught up on everything.

For starters, I need to tighten up my game. I play waaaay to loose, and since no one folds at this level, I'm a) bluffing too much and failing or b) getting sucked out on a lot by people who can't fold second pair or BDFDs. There have been a few coolers as well (running my FD into NFDs, set over set, set running into made/drawing-to-made flushes, etc.). So yeah, I'm going to bump back up to 8 tables and go back to what I was doing @ 2NL, which was waiting for decent hands and betting them when they hit. I really have not being just playing solid poker properly and I've been losing as a result.

I know I'm below my 5NL threshold, but I can't go back to 2NL. I just can't. If I drop below like $40 (which I REALLY hope doesn't happen), then I'm dropping down. But right now, I'm going to tough it out. I'm going to tighten up significantly, doing some reviewing, and see where we go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment